Green Camping Tips For the Environment Conscious Camper
If there is one thing that camping can do to you, it is that it would make you fall in love with nature. The beauty of the environment, amazing wildlife, and spectacular views that can readily take your breath away are just few of the many things that await you in your camping vacation. And because the environment gives so much to us, it is only right that we give back to it by taking care of the surroundings and ensuring that we don’t harm it in any way.
The concept of eco-camping or green camping has become popular among many campers who are aware of the importance of taking care of the environment. If you want to partake in this kind of activity, you have to remember these several pointers for your next camping vacation.
1. Buy eco-friendly camping gear. From clothing to family camping tents or 3 person tents to sleeping bags, be sure that you find equipment and supplies that were created without harming the environment.
2. Skip the RV. Instead of going to this trip on an RV, you can minimize gas and energy use significantly by bringing tents instead. Aside from being friendlier to the environment, tents also give more excitement and challenge to the trip.
3. Use organic bug sprays. Stay away from those that were formulated using harsh chemicals. Better yet, instead of using a spray, just light up an organic citronella candle, which is very effective in driving pests away.
4. Prefer reusable supplies over disposable ones. To minimize waste, bring plastic plates, spoons, forks, and other utensils instead of those that would be disposed after just one use. Use cloth dishtowels, napkins and face cloths instead of paper towels. Avoid using foil, cling wrap, Styrofoam as food storage. Make use of hard plastic reusable food containers and Ziploc bags.
5. Use biodegradable items. Use biodegradable dishwashing soap, body soap, and shampoo.
6. Choose LED lights. These kinds of light are more energy efficient than most other alternatives available in the market.
7. Bring trash bags. Never leave your trash lying around the campsite. Keep it spic and span at all times. Pack in sufficient trash bags so you can easily segregate trash. Have a separate bag for recyclable items, non-biodegradable trash, and biodegradable trash.
8. Choose a near camp spot. How can this help the environment? If you choose a nearby campground, you will need less fuel for your car. You will also use less energy. Aside from saving energy on this, it is also best that you leave your gadgets at home. After all, you came here to get close to nature. It is hard to do that with your cell phone constantly beeping.
Going on a green camping adventure is fun and simple. All you need to do is to always keep nature in mind when doing anything before or during the trip. Moreover, you can follow these eco-friendly tips to ensure that you will not harm the environment in any way while you are on this vacation.