10 Essential Running Accessories That You Should Have
Running is a simple physical activity that can be extremely beneficial to our body. It can keep us well and fit. When done seriously and on a regular basis, it can produce positive effects on one’s health. Benefits include improved cardiovascular circulation, weight loss, increased strength and muscle coordination, and revitalizing feelings and emotions. However, whether one runs for fun or career, they need appropriate running accessories to increase their performance level and avoid adverse effects on the body.
Before beginning your running exercises, you should check the following necessary lists to keep you going:
1. Running shoes- Runners invest on comfortable, durable and stable pair of running shoes. It is extremely important to purchase shoes specially made for running rather than fashionable shoes worn on a day stroll at mall. You should pick the shoes that will perfectly match with your feet, whether you have flat feet or high-arch feet.
2. Running clothes- There are various running clothes available in the market. Choose the one that will make you comfortable running. Running shorts and running tights are one of the best for runners. Female runners can also wear running skirts. It is best to use clothing apparels made from Lycra, supplex and coolmax. Lightweight jackets can also be worn during wintertime.
3. Knee support- Runners require good support for their knees and other joints. This will prevent untoward injuries caused by running. Also, this will help improve the running capabilities of the person. It can keep your knees correctly aligned thus, preventing knee pains and injuries.
4. Hat and gloves- During the summer or winter season, hat and gloves are one of the essential items needed while running. Hats will protect you from extreme exposure to sun while gloves will keep you warm when it is cold.
5. Bags- A small backpack needed to put some of your important items such as your sports bottle, medicine kit or emergency kit and sunscreen lotion. These bags should be designed perfectly fit your back to prevent them from moving and causing blisters or irritations to the skin of your back.
6. Sports Bottle- A bottle of water or energy drink will keep hydrated the entire time you are running. You can choose energy drinks that replenish loss electrolytes in your body. A medium size sports bottle is sufficient to bring along when you run for short distances.
7. Running Watches- If you want to time yourself how long you took to run a few miles, running watches might be helpful. There is certain watch who includes GPS monitoring system that allows you to track your exact location.
8. Sunglasses- If you are running under the heat of the sun, or during a rainy day, a pair of sunglasses will protect your eyes from the damaging rays of the sun and the fierce wind and raindrops.
9. Plaster and emergency kit- In events that you come across an accident, an emergency kit is of high value. This includes plaster, alcohol, band-aid, and other kinds of medicines.
10. Skin block- Sunscreen with SPF 30 and more will provide you tremendous protection against the heat of the sun. Also, it can keep you against skin cancer that can be acquired when there is too much exposure from the sun.